Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dear Family and Friends

I am sorry this letter has taken so long to get done. I hope you are doing well. All is well there. I have had the gardening fever lately. I have some seeds started in the house. The tomatoes, bell peppers and zucchini have all come up. Now, I have to wait until the weather is better. For example it is snowing today. We have had some nice warm weather, but I know it is too early to plant anything outside. We put out some bulbs and they are coming up. It is so nice to see color again.

We have some exciting events that will be happening around here. Jane is getting married on May 11 to Ryan Mills. We are very happy for her. He is 37 years old and has a 6 year old boy. He has joint custody of his son for six weeks in the summer. He would like to get custody of him, but his past girlfriend will probably not be in favor of this right now. He lives in Evanston, Wyo. Ryan goes every weekend to see him. Jane has gone several times and Zayden just loves her.

I will be getting out of school again for a three week break. We are heading up to Lakeside next week. Our son, Joe, is coming here for some business for a day and is flying in. So since it is Easter weekend and I am off track we are going to stay there for 4 days. It will be good to see his kids again. I sure miss having them here. We haven’t had many grandma sleep-overs since they moved.

I have been thinking of getting things ready for next year in school. I get to stay where I am in fourth grade. There was a little bit of anxiety a little. The district wanted to have related teachers not teach at the same school. However, there was a “grandfather” clause in it. So unless the policy changes again, I am ok for now.

John has to go in for a type of knee surgery. It isn’t a replacement, but fixing torn meniscus. He has had some problems that requires using his knee. I am going to go to an eye doctor and hopefully he can help me with my eye problems. I am experiencing, of course, aging eyes, and I can’t focus real well. I would like to check out the laser surgery and not have to wear glasses. I don’t know if this will work though.

The rest of the family is doing well. We had several birthdays last month. It makes me sad that they are growing up also. They are all growing and soon, Grandma won’t be as important as she is now. Emily turned 13, can you image that.

Well, I have papers to check, and have run out of things to say, so I will close for now. I hope you all stay healthy.

Love Nancy and John

No comments: