Sunday, February 5, 2012

NEW YEAR 2012

January 25, 2012

Happy New Year to all! For some of you, we know you are looking forward to much better New Year and we hope you recieve that blessing.

Right now I am off-track (break) and enjoying it. I haven't been back to school yet, but I know I will need to go back soon. I am supposed to be there next Friday for a teacher day, but we will be in Sparks, NV for Ethan's baptism. So I think I will have to go tomorrow to get ready for the first day back on April 6. Weather hasn't been that good again during off-track, so that has made it easy to snuggle-up at home.

We have been needing some moisture. We were well below the normal precip. level. I was getting worried about the new grass we planted last summer and thought I was going to have to get out the hose to water it. But snow has been on the ground for 11 days now with new snow falling on the past two weekends. I just hope it isn't going to be bad next weekend when we travel to NV. and back.

I have been trying to get more of our things unpacked from the move from AZ. Needless to say, most of it hasn't been used in 4 years, so the better things are getting taken to DI. Some of our old church novels and things are being given to Johnny's kids to read. If you know me, that is a big thing for me to get rid of. I am a hoarder, but I don't know what teacher isn't.

We have also been finishing up some little projects. We needed cabinets in the laundry and pantry rooms. So that is now completed. I also had a front loader washer and dryer and I hated bending down and almost kissing the ground to load and unload them. John made a step to put them on and it is so much easier to do laundry. (what little we have now) I still have a few more electrial projects, I would like to get completed. We have vaulted ceilings and I need to convert one to a lower-hanging fan-light in my piano room, so it is easier to see the music to play. Our little dog needs to have a bigger light shining out in the back yard. We have been talking about getting some of the basement finished as well. It is getting hard for John to do many major projects (aches and pains) anymore. I told him let's take it one wall at a time for framing. Labor will be high enough for the things he refuses to do anymore (dry-wall, painting and ceilings.)

John is only working at the temple now on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. He has been attempting to play racket-ball with another Temple worker on Monday and Friday. Physically it is hard on him and taking a toll, but he is hoping that as he keeps at it, it will get easier. He has noticed his decline since he turned sixty. It would be nice to get some walking in myself, but I am adjusting to the new grade level and it seems that my time for school has increased since I have been working for the last three years. That really is an excuse, because we do have a treadmill I could walk on, but getting up at 5am or starting at 8pm isn't enough to entice me.

There seems to be some good things happening for Jane and her boy friend. Yes, she is calling him a boy friend in a "couple sense." He seems nice. We were supposed to visit with him last Saturday, but we had flooding in the house with the run off of rain that came before the snow. But Ryan jumped in and helped. Hopefully we can visit with him again and get to know him and his gospel feelings more. So again keep her in your prayers if you remember. John is having trouble with this a little bit, not because of anything specific, but because of "his practically perfect little girl".



We just got back from NV for Ethan's baptism. It was good to be with Jake and Family and Erica's family. Ethan had a great baptism. We are proud of his choice. He said he wanted to Choose the Right. Allison played the music on the piano during the time we waited for Ethan to return dressed in his church clothes. He was smiling from ear to ear. Allison did a great job playing the piano. Ashlyn is growing up and being a very good girl. While we were there, there wasn't much crying or temper tantrums. She played games with me and I was able to get some loves from her. We also had great travelling weather.

I start school tomorrow, not in a real hurry to return, but I will have another break in April at Easter. We have Valentine's day coming and President's Day coming so we have things to get ready for to keep us busy. We will have parent/teacher conferences in March so the testing and grades will need to be in soon.

At Church last week, the Stake changed Ward boundries and we were put into a newly formed ward. So there will be changes happening there. But I have found that changes are good in the long run. The area out here in Herrimann is growing. New housing developments and new people moving in so these types of changes are expected. We have two parts of two wards being put together. The Church will be building a new chapel for us this Spring, in the meantime, we were going to have to go to Church from 3-6pm; but there was another Stake that only had two wards meeting in it's building, so we get to go to church at 11:00 to 2pm instead. That is a much better time for most families.

All of us are doing well and we hope we continue to be healthy for awhile. We had a little type of flu hit John Jr.'s family and dad and I for a couple of days. I wanted to get some pictures posted, but think I should just get this posted and add pictures at a different time.

Love Nancy and John Finlay

No comments: