Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today was conference on the television. We also had a sleepover with Simon, Spencer, and Logan last night. Johnny's family came over yesterday and played with their cousins. His family went home for the evening and then Joe, Alisa and Meaghan came over for the two o'clock conference session. Johnny and his family also came over to play some more. Jane was here this morning and afternoon. The kids all love they Aunt Janie. After conference we had dinner together. It was fun to have everyone together.

Joe and Alisa are heading to Eagar for 2 weeks. Joe is going to be putting in so me extra hours at the hospital and Alisa and the kids are also going. They are using our travel trailer to stay in. Because it's Spring Break for Simon and Spencer during that time, they will only be missing 4 days of school. The timeing on this turned out very well.

We had some very nice days lately. The trees have little buds on them and I am itching to get some plants out. But this morning we woke up to 4-6 inches of snow. Most of the snow melted today, but it has fallen off and on all day. It is supposed to be rainy and cloudy during the rest of the week.

Our visit with Jake and his Family was fun. Ethan is taking karate and seems to enjoy it. Allison was working on her piano and getting a book read so she could go to a pizza party at school for reading so many books. Erica and Jake were doing well. Ashlyn is going to have her tonsils out in two weeks. She has really large tonsils. So we are all hoping she will do well with the surgery.

We are cutting back at school. We started a Chinese Immersion program last year in first grade. So this coming year it will be second grades turn to get the new Chinese teacher and the English speaking teacher for a co-teaching experience. The teacher's have their own classes and then they switch classes at half day. I really want to do that part of the program and have talked to my principal about it about 2 months agao. However, the second grade team has to loose two or three teacher's on our team because our numbers are down this week as well. So I don't know right now if I will be in second grade or not. I have a job with my school--just don't know what grade yet. There are openings in 1st, 4th, and 6th grade. I really hope it is not in 6th grade. That would be very challenging to me. I am hoping we will know soon. We also had three teachers that have to look elsewhere in the district for openings. I can be thankful that that isn't me.

Not much else going on here. I hope you all are doing well.

Love Nancy.

No comments: