Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wishing for Spring!!!

We started off Tues. of this week with the snow all melted in the yard. It was even started to dry out---but Friday another snow storm came in and we woke up to 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. John was outside snowblowing the sidewalks and drive and then worked his way up the road clearing the sidewalks on both sides of the road to get to Johnny's. He cleared off their drive to help them get to Josh's big day at the baptism.

Simon spent the night with us and played with Josh for about two hours yesterday. We all went to the church. Jane came too and after the baptism we went up to John Jr.'s for a get together for a lunch and to spend some time with the family.

Simon loves his cousin and they had fun playing together for awhile today. He even says he and Josh are the best friends and cousins. Most of the day it kept snowing, so we took Simon home about 3:30. The rest of the kids at Joe's were trying to get over some really bad coughs, colds, flu or something that takes about a week to get over.

I had lots of baby time with my two little grandkids today. They are sure happy good babies. They hardly cry but can have the biggest smiles. It is the best for me. It keeps me happy and renewed. I just love my little ones and the bigger grandkids.

Ben is doing real well. He is finally getting his double chin and filling out his newborn clothes. He sure is a pretty little boy. I was told that it is ok to use pretty for a boy until they turn 12 months or 18 months.

Meaghan who will turn one in April is still growing and getting some of her hair. She is a mommies little girl and knows when someone else has her now. Because of her cold, she wasn't as happy with anyone except mom. Grandma will have to get over to see her more often.

I hope to work on some projects while I am off track. I would like to get the rest of my books up from the basement and on the book shelves. There are some other things that need to be put up in the house. Not all my pictures and decorative things are unpacked. I also have some things that need to be done at school. I am not quite sure what will be happening at school. We do have to loose at least two teachers in second grade next year. I should be able to keep my job but in what grade I don't know. I would really like to stay in second grade and might have to push a little so I can stay in that grade.

The temple has been closed for cleaning for two weeks. It will open Tuesday, so John will be back working there again. So I will try to get my Utah license renewed and the other tasks done when he is working.

Well, I will be hoping that we will be getting spring weather soon. I am sure tired of the snow.

Love to all of you
Nancy and John

No comments: