Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy New Year to all our friends and family

Oh, the weather outside is frightful. Too much snow and wind. It hasn't been above 30 degrees since Christmas.  Christmas was the only nice day. We have had some beautiful snowfalls this year, but lately they have been ugly. If it wasn't so windy, we probably would have had about 3-4 feet of snow.  The drifts are pretty deep. We have had some beautiful snowfalls this year, but lately they have been ugly. If it wasn't so windy, we probably would have had about 3-4 feet of snow.  The drifts are pretty deep. Our snow plow has been pretty busy lately. 

We went to Sparks, NV over Thanksgiving to be with Jacob and his family. We were there for about three days and enjoyed everyone. The kids were great. They put up their Christmas tree and decorations while we were there. He is now working for Sherwin Williams, but he has a day job now.  Now, his family will see more of him and not have to worry about waking him. Working at night is not good when you have a family.

I haven't up-dated this blog in awhile; so thought I would try to give you the latest news on the family.
We had a quiet Christmas and New Year's Eve.  It was nice though. Jane came over for Christmas Eve and then stayed until Christmas evening. It was good to have someone here with us. Johnny and his family came over in the late evening and then went home in the evening. We played games with some of the kids toys they brought over.

Yesterday, John and I didn't even stay up to greet the new year. I was going to have a little party for the grandkids, but I didn't feel so well, so I cancelled the party and sleep over. I felt like I was going to get the shingles again and I decided to rest and relax and was trying to get my immune system built up with vitamins and herbs. Still working on this today.

I go back to school next week. I wish I had a few more days off, but that isn't happening. This new year starts off with half the year gone. I did an extra 8 days of subbing for another 2nd grade teacher who had her baby early. So I didn't get much of my scheduled time off.

With all the snow and rain our house flooded in the basement. The people who built the house had to come in and fix it up. Our neighbor's water drains into our yard, and it caused the south corner to settle about a foot and it leaked in under the foundation. That was one of the first things we discussed with the builder was the drainage problem into our yard. So we contacted them.  He doesn't have any grass down to keep the erosion from happening. We need to get some sandbags in along the fence line to hopefully keep his drainage into his yard.

John has been busy helping Johnny with finishing his basement. He wants to get it done before the baby comes in February. John has been trying to get his shed finished, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. He needs to get the shed door in. It is like a garage door that slides up. Our neighbor was going to help, but he has also been extra busy with the snow plows in West Jordan. He works for that city.  He has been helpful to John on some of the projects he has been doing.

No comments: