Sunday, May 30, 2010

Updated message


May 30, 2010

Hello:
I am sorry I haven’t replied in awhile. It was a whirl-wind around here for me the last three weeks. They had their new baby three weeks early. Of course, that was the week Joe was in Eagar, so he had to catch a flight home and try to make it for the birth. That didn't happen. So, I had to unexpectedly leave school and be with her until her mom and Joe made it there. Anyway, little Meghan has some lung issues because she was early. They are handling that by having her on oxygen at home. Since then, she was able to be taken off the oxygen during her scheduled work time. They were is in hospital about 4 days and then Joe was home for another 3 days and then back to Eagar again for 7 days. So we have been having to drive out there to help. They live in Eagle Mountain, UT about 30-40 minutes away from us.
I had to take off three days to watched Joe and Alisa’s kids. Her baby decided to come early. I didn't mind that so much, but Simon, their oldest had to have surgery at that time also, so I had to keep him quiet. That was hard to do because we still have Johnny and family living with us. Simon and Joshua are best buddies and like to be active; but everything worked out well. The little twins had a little trouble sharing grandma with Alisa and Joe's little 2 year old boy; and he was a momm'a boy and attached right to grandma and only wanted to have me around him. Too bad there wasn't more of me to hold them all; but like I said things worked out well.
After the baby came and during the time Alisa was in the hospital, we closed on our house in Riverton and we moved to our new home in Herriman, Utah which is only about 5 miles south of our Riverton home. I don't like moving and I don't want to do it again unless it is to home for the aged. I will not take much with me then. Downsize is the name of the game. I am off track now and hope to get things organized around our home some. I don’t seem to be able to find anything.
I also had two weeks of testing to give for the end of the year reports. I needed to get that accomplished before I was going off track. I have most of the tests done, but not recorded and handed in. So that will be something I will need to finish by Tuesday.
Jacob finally obtained a job. Actually he had one and then another came that he took in place. It was one that paid a little more that the first one. The job not what he wants to do, but it is at least a job. He is continuing to look and hopes he will find something that he is qualified for and take care of his family better. They still aren’t sure what will happen with their home. In any event, he is feeling better about himself because he is working and contributing something.
I think my son Joe is not going to be moving to Eagar after all. He thinks things aren't real stable at the hospital and they are having a hard time finding a place to rent. Alisa doesn't want to move anyway. They haven't had any luck selling their home either. I think he is only going to work until July there..
Jane wasn’t quite sure about what our district or school principal was going to do to make adjustment for the Chinese immersion class that is being implemented to a new grade each year. But she didn’t have to change to another grade. I was also able to keep my position in second grade.
John has been busy cleaning out the house and moving things over and then he has the temple work he volunteers for. He loves working at the temple on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays. I have found that he is much happier during the rest of the week we he is there. I don't think we could ever move where there isn't a temple close. I enjoy working in the temple on Saturday mornings. Hopefully we will be able to serve in our new ward in some capacity.
I need to plant lots of things so our new house doesn’t look so barren. At least the builder landscaped and planted a couple of trees and some bushes in the front of the house. The back yard needs some help though. I would really like to get some type of garden in this summer, but I don't know if there is enough time now. I took some of the plants from the other house and moved them here; the rose bush and the three lavender bushes. We just planted them last year. I would like to dig up my fruit trees, but they were planted two years ago and I don’t know how well they would do being uprooted. We are thinking of renting or leasing our home and I don’t want to leave a lot of things that people won’t take care of. The home situation isn’t too good right now. We have had some showings but we know it is priced too high. So we also might reduce the price about $8,000 and I don’t want to buy things again that I already have over there.
My son, John and family are still living with us as well. They haven’t been able to sell their home either. They are supposed to sign on their new house in two weeks, but they don’t know what is going to happen because they needed to sell their home to make the down payment and so forth. They have taken the price down and won’t be making anything on the house. It is busy here with the 8 extra people, but we are glad to help them. I guess we will know more in two weeks.
Well, I better close for now. I will do my best to write more frequently.
Love Nancy and John
Here's our latest new one. We are so glad that she no longer has to wear those bandaids for the O2. Number 12 grandchild. Meghan Julia Finlay

No comments: