Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Years

2010 is here!!!
My school vacation is almost over--darn. As usual, this time seems to go by very fast. We had a very quiet Christmas. It was only John, me, and Jane. It was good to have her here. All the other kids stayed home with their families.
Jake and his family came the day after Christmas. It was good to have them here. We were able to spend some time together with everyone. Erica is a really good photographer and has a really nice camera, so we asked her to take family pictures of everyone. Hopefully some of those turned out well and I will be able to post some of those a little later. They left a day early due to weather forecasts of snowy, snowy day today, Wednesday Dec. 30. It was a good thing, because it has been snowing here all day off and on. There is another storm coming on Sunday.
Last night was New Year's Eve and we had a little get together to bring in the New Year. Jane came over for dinner, but is going out to a party. Joe and his family and Johnny and his family are coming. I decided it was a good time to have one of Grandma's "sleepovers" as well. We played games, ate, talked and most stayed awake until 12 pm. The grandkids had a fun time together.
I guess New Year's Resolutions are supposed to be made. I am not sure I am going to set the same ones that need to be worked on and fail at, but I might try some that have a more eternal perspective. I want to attend the temple more often, read the conference issue and participate in the RS discussions and get in tune with My Savior more.
Anyway, I hope you have great resolutions to set and are successful with them.
By the way, our house has been started. The foundation and stem walls have been poured and now we have five days before they can work on the next phase. All of this depends on the weather and temperatures. Anyway, the company Richmond America trys to have the house done in 90 days.Maybe we can get some pictures on the blog as it progresses.

No comments: